Hello there everyone
This is just a post with some suggestions to boost your income while subbing casually or while studying with Hibernia.
1. Try run seasonal camps. My sister and I run them during the summer, Hallowee’n and Christmas. We do a week long camp in the summer and one day camps for the rest of the year. You won’t make a huge profit from running camps. There’s a lot of overheads, insurance,supplies etc but it will look great on the CV.
2. Home tutoring: Lots of people do grinds in the evening after school. Again lots of work and planning involved but it keeps you sharp and in touch with teaching.
3. Maths/ Science Club: These are great to run maybe one day a week after school. It’s great practice to try out experiments etc.
4. July Provision: I have heard horror stories about this and payment delays etc but again it’s great experience and you get to work with children, isn’t that what it’s all about?
5. Do an SNA course and applying for subbing as an SNA. I did an on-line one with the Open College. It was great and I got a few days subbing with it while doing Hibernia.
That’s all I can think of for now. I think the above would be great additions to any CV, and any money you make is a bonus!