The days are getting shorter, the evenings darker and school is busier than ever for some. Parent teacher meetings, the frantic lead up to the Christmas play, and the day to day business of school. Lots of teachers find they are exhausted by the 23rd of December, which isn't good as we want to be in flying form to enjoy our Christmas holidays. I don't know if it is just me but without fail, I catch a cold or get sick every time we have a break from school. I think it is our bodies way of saying we need a break!
It is not easy but it is important to sit back and take stock. The Christmas play isn't the be all and end all. Practice it three times a week in class , a complete run through and the children will have it off before you know it. New teachers, please don't put yourself under too much pressure!
Here are some ways I like to unwind or treat myself after a hard week at school:
1.Drink a cup of tea
2. Buy new fleecy pyjamas and slipper socks in Penneys and put them on after school.
3. Light a Christmas scented candle.
4. Wear your favourite outfit. I used to always say I'd never wear my 'good' clothes to school but you might as well! Maybe just not on Fridays!
5. Think of three things you're grateful for.
6. Take a bath.
7. Colour for 30 minutes after school. ( This doesn't relax me AT ALL but each to their own!
11. Read a book on the couch. ( not school related)
15. Get a manicure.