Science week is upon us! It is one of the most fun weeks of the year for lots of children. I am going to share some simple ideas and resources here which might be of use this week.
- Oral langauge: Discuss what the word ‘Science’ means, can we name famous scientists from the past? What are scientists working on now which is very important for our future?
- English: Procedural writing- writing up science experiments in science logbook
- History- exploring famous male and female scientists of the past
- Geography- houses and homes- how has science helped how we live evolve?
- Art- Draw a picture of your own science invention- explain what the invention does, paint a picture representing what science means to you
Obviously you will be doing a lot more science than usual this week! The primary discovery science page has lots of experiements, it might be a good place to start.
I have a set of 39 task cards for STEM which I have reduced to only 2.50! These should give loads of ideas for the week and will be easy to implement in pods.
This product for first and second class is a fun one all about teeth and has lots of experiments in it which may be new to them!
This 20 page rainbow resource is one my class used to really enjoy and it is reduced to only two euro.
I would really recommend getting your class to make nice Science Logs for the week ahead on Monday morning. They can just fold and staple a few a4 pages together and design a cover. They can do all their science week work in here then and you can then transfer it to your assessment folder.
be easy to implement in pods.